View Single Post
Old
03-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
OK, they will get better. Because, every hard working, good natured player gets better . Odds are they will get better, but to act like it's a forgone conclusion is ridiculous especially with this franchise where player progression/growth is often stunted.

I heard Weber would get better as well. He hasn't. My point is, you can't just say a player will get better because they're young, have a solid head on their shoulders and are playing well.

weber- 22 years old.

yeah, i guess your right, PERFECT example of how a young player with potential clearly amounted to nothing and is now over the hill....

look, i know that these days, instant gratification is the name of the game. the simple reality is that athletes who reach a very high level of performance in their early 20's are the exception, not the rule.

yes, the combination of greater & earlier "professional" training, and a cap system which encourages teams to ice young/cheap players, has made it easier for highly skilled young players to make bigger/quicker impact.

but that doesn't change the reality that for most athletes, 20-25 is still a huge developmental curve, especially in terms of adapting to the speed/pace/size of the professional game.

"Odds are that they will get better"... exactly. and in the case of 2 specific individuals who have shown very positive maturity & attitude at every level, the odds are about as good as it gets.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote