View Single Post
Old
03-04-2012, 11:36 AM
koh19

vCash: 500
At what point are you considered semi-pro?

I'm doing my resume (CV) and I'm wondering if I should write that I've been playing semi-pro hockey for the past 3 years. I think that something like this can make your CV look good.

At what point are you considered semi-pro?

Here are some details:

- it's the 1st league in Switzerland, 3rd division, right under the NLA and NLB (professional leagues). It's the highest "amateur" league in the country.
- we practiced (past tense cuz the season is finished) 3-4 times a week, had to be there 1 hour before every practice, had to warm up, do exercises, had to be ready 5-10 minutes before ice-time for instructions, exercise explanation, etc... don't know if this is helpful but it's just to give you an indication of how "professional" we were (or not)
- had 1 to 2 games a week
- got paid for it, it wasn't much (three number figure for the entire season) but still got something, also got a credit for equipment.
- went to gym every week to maintain gains, to work on conditioning, avoid injuries.
- during the season, outside of university, playing hockey and being involved with everything around it was basically the only thing I did.

Can this be considered semi-pro sports? I'm guessing the fact that I got paid to play a sport is decisive here.

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote