View Single Post
Old
03-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Foma Kiniaev

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzig View Post
The capacity of the Brehmstraße is 10,285. Their attendance average in their last season there (2005/06) was 6,601. Most people are complaining that the new ISS Dome is "too modern" and it doesn't generate a "hockey feeling". I don't know how the prices have grown since moving to the Brehmstraße. I've been to the ISS Dome twice (and will go to another away game of my local team in March) and I'd describe it as "nothing special". The Brehmstraße has more standing areas, which made the atmosphere pretty good. I've been there once, but I watched a game between Düsseldorf's junior team and Dortmund (Oberliga).
Take it from someone who played in their youth teams and knows a bit about the club and its devotees, you hit the nail right on the head. However, the location is also something that has led to some of the DEG fans deciding not to attend the games due to the longer travel time, as it is located outside the city in what the city's government is calling a type of business park, whereas Brehmstrasse is right in the middle of the city and is very easy to get to (and many of the fans live in the city instead of in the suburbs.)

The atmosphere is also rather lacking as mentioned above, as the ISS Dome is rather large and Brehmstrasse is more confined leading to a greater sense of togetherness (for lack of a better word). I don't even think they sell out the games against Cologne anymore, which is rather sad considering they used to cram the old rink to more than 110% capacity. Loved those days as well since, when you played in the youth teams you got free entrance to some of the seated areas up top and right behind the opposing teams' goal.

Foma Kiniaev is offline   Reply With Quote