View Single Post
Old
03-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Cappayne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
And please keep the tank negativity out of this thread. This thread is for fans. Fans who want Leafs to win..

GO LEAFS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOTTTT..........
Tank talk is not negativity, and people who want the tank are not any less of a fan than people who aren't in that boat. I have been in tank nation because I feel it's in the best interests of the Maple Leafs, not because I hate the team and want them to lose. I still cheer as loud as ever when Grabo snipes, or when Schenn lays someone out, but at the end of the day, the best outcome for the Leafs, in my opinion, is a high draft pick since I feel this team has too many question marks to succeed at any level in the playoffs this season, should they even make it. And a 9th or 10th place finish is worst case scenario. So you can disagree with me - and others who have similar thoughts - but to consider us 'not fans' is blasphemy.

Having said that, once Wilson was fired, I really wanted to see the team succeed, especially after seeing the effort and play style exhibited in the Montreal game. If the team plays like that the rest of the season, I have no problem with a 8th-10th place finish. But if they only show up in half of the games, it's different.