View Single Post
Old
03-04-2012, 04:12 PM
RKC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Here's the list of -97 born "national team candidates" chosen at the Pohjola-camp:

http://www.leijonat.fi/index.php/maa...en-ryhmae.html

I was really suprised not to see Henrik Borgström on the list, even though he was only 24th in the camp scoring. He's 3rd in the C2-juniors scoring and in the games I've seen, he's been clearly Jokerit's best player. He's a bit small but his skill level is quite high, so I find him not being on the list at all a bit weird. Kami Kortelainen is the only Jokerit kid on that list and I personally don't think he's very close to Borgström in terms of talent. One guy from Jokerit sounds pretty bad by the way, hope there'll be a couple late bloomers on that team...
Seems like this is pretty bad age group for Jokerit, but I wouldn't be too worried about it. We've had some great age groups lately, especially the -95 borns and they'll easily make up for one weaker group. Borgström not getting selected was surprising, but maybe he just had a weak camp or something. I think his size (168/56) would hold him back in international games. This Kortelainen kid is absolutely huge though if his measurements are correct.