View Single Post
Old
03-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I like Jagr, but I think Whitney is a better player at this point in their careers. Look at the seasons Whitney puts up with a bunch of nobodies. Seriously, what's he got in Phoenix? Vrbata?
jagr vs whitney... i'd call it more of a toss up, but for arguments sake let's go with Whitney being the better player.

more important is who would be a better fit.

If I'm not mistaken, Whitney plays next to the 6'6 240 M.Hanzal... would he find the same kind of space lining up next to a much less physically imposing Plekanec?

We know that Pleks/Jagr have great chemistry, so less of an unknown/adjustment period in that regard as well.

in the end, I'd be content with either on a 1-year deal, though I'm not sure about going as high as 5M$ unless both Gomez/Kaberle are no longer here (short of landing Suter/Parise or an equivalent, I don't want to see us spending to the cap just for the sake of it... better to go into the season with some leeway, and keep the options open for a possible trade in-season if/when an elite level player becomes available.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote