Old
03-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Really? Only if a bunch of guys refuse:

Tavares, Duchene, E.Staal, Getzlaf, Richards, Hodgson, Roy, Stamkos, RNH...
Desharnais will get invited over Hodgson and Roy, IMO.

And it's the Worlds, so unless its some weird year where everyone accepts, I only expect to see two of those guys on the team next year.

For example, last year, here is the depth at centre (we finished 5th);

Duchene, Vermette, Spezza, Zajac, Tavares.

Here is who was available besides the 5 listed above (not sure who got invites and who didn't);
Weiss, Little, MacArthur, Staal, Gagner, Horcoff, Brassard, McDonald, Morrison, Richards, Ribeiro.

I'm positive at least 3, if not more got invited and turned it down.

The winger(s) are even worse when you think about the amount of good players who declined/didn't go. Iginla, Tanguay, Morrow, Benn... that's just a few.

The defense was also very bad - I won't even go over who didn't go, but when you ice Scalzo, Gragnani, and Methot ... it's no wonder we finished 5th. The only Olympic level talent on the club is Pietrangelo and maybe, on an outside chance, Brent Burns.

Right now, it's so hard to tell who will get invited due to so many teams being within a win or two of the games.

One guy I expect to be there, if the Avalanche don't make it, is Ryan O'Reilly. Guy is a phenomenal hockey player.

This tournament is built for young guys because the veterans usually back out unless they are guys who typically wouldn't be picked for Team Canada.

Vermette was the oldest player on the team last year at 28-years-old.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote