Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Omark to Oilers
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2012, 12:06 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I love the built in proactive excuses. Do well up here and no one will mention it further. Struggle and its already in place as a reason.

3 of the locations on the map don't even involve much travel. Peoria, Grand Rapids, Chicago would be less travel than AJHL clubs encounter. LA to SF is a short hop as well. Also pretty sure the team had a longbreak before the Peoria game.(so I'm not sure why "A" is listed on the map as travel. Did they travel to the Peoria game at the last minute?) Plus what better place to fly from than Chicago which would have a hell of a lot of connecting flights.

Lets be frank here. Any player that gets a callup is jacked. Fatigue is seldom really an issue in the first couple games up. Especially for a younger player.
4 games in 4 nights is a lot even if they were all home games. Call it a built in excuse if you like, but it's a legitimate concern IMO. 5 games in 5 nights is an even bigger challenge still. I know I certainly don't expect to see Omark's best today. And if he plays tomorrow, I would expect fatigue to be even more of a factor. Excitement or not, adrenaline can only carry you so far, and for so long.