Thread: Speculation: Your Offseason
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2012, 01:01 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I think it's dumb to blame assistant coaches, a goalie coach or a 6th defenseman this bad season. The GM is responsible for all these people being here. Mitchell, Colin White, Handzus, Niemi - anyone we've ever blamed for a loss in a GDT was brought in by Doug Wilson. Tiny changes aren't going to do much, because he'll find another Wallin/Huskins/White. If you chop the tail off, it'll just grow back and be the same lizard from before.
That's pretty odd logic. By that logic it's not DW's fault, it's the owners fault for hiring DW. Or maybe it's Gary Bettmans fault!

DW is not a fortune teller, I have no issues with his hiring of Todd. Hiring a coach is always a gamble, and Todd seemed liked a good gamble at the time, it simply hasn't worked out. I dont even blame him for not firing up until now, but it is time.

I don't blame him for White. That was a bargain you just could not turn down. No one could have known how poorly White would play, he's been consistent as hell throughout his career.

I don't blame him too much for Handzus. He had the right idea (solid 3rd line center who can Pk, who can take faceoffs and play solid two-way minutes) but Handzus has just totally fallen on his face this season with no real explanation as to why (could be coaching...).

He's made some dumb moves, like the Wallin trade, but he's never done something totally stupid. A lot of his bad signings can be attributed to a lack of options (people not wanting to play here). He's put together a competitive team year after year, he won't be fired, and shouldn't be. I would say he's actually improving as well.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote