PaulieVegas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Here's who I would send invites to:

Quick if the Kings don't make the playoffs
Kessel if the Leafs don't make the playoffs either
Umberger has no excuse this year around
Is it a foregone conclusion Ryan Miller wouldn't accept an invite? It'd be great if we could get a top-notch goalie. Quick might accept, who knows. So might Anderson, he did a few years ago. Didn't they both back out last year because their wives were expecting? That's a good enough reason. In the end though we'll probably end up with Montoya, which I can live with. Maybe Alex Stalock if (when) my Sharks don't make the playoffs.

Umberger will find an excuse, and if he can't he'll invent one. I'd throw in the towel on that guy.

Erik Johnson on D? Or do we assume he won't accept. If Winnipeg doesn't make it then Buff and Bogosian become possibilities, although I doubt Bogosian accepts because he's been injury-plagued lately. Other possibilities if we don't just want to go with young kids- Tim Gleason, Tom Gilbert, and (gasp) Mike Komisarek. More likely possibilities might be Alec Martinez and Matt Greene of the Kings, Chris Butler from the Flames, Dylan Reese of the Islanders, Brian Lee of the Lightning, or Mike Lundin of the Wild.

Other offensive possibilities- Matt Cullen, Paul Stastny, Brian Gionta, Scott Gomez, Jason Pomminville, Drew Stafford, Bobby Ryan, and Dustin Brown. Probably a stretch to think any of those guys would come (and in a couple cases, a stretch to think we'd want them to). More realistic possibilities might be David Moss of the Flames or Nick Palmieri of the Wild.

In the end it will probably go the way it always does: our absolute best with the exception of Jack Johnson will say no, and we'll end up fielding a team of low-level NHL'ers who won't make it past the quarters at best.