Thread: Speculation: 2012-2013 Roster
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Not too long ago Homer said to one of our beat writers that if a big name star dman was to become available via free agency, he could move salary to make it work. They didn't mention any names though(they can't of course). So I would believe that your almost positive claim that the Flyers won't get Suter is wrong. Sign Suter and trade Mez. It really wouldn't be that hard to fit him if the cap goes up.

That's with a modest raise of the cap. Even if it goes up less then that it could work.
Also I took Shelley out because I believe he will get the Cote treatment.
Just cause Homer said he'll move salary doesn't mean other teams like Detroit, Leafs or Rangers can't move salary and make it work. There comes a point where its just not worth it. Seems like most Flyers fans on here are counting on him being a Flyer. All I'm saying is that there are many possible outcomes to this and the most likely imo is that he never makes it to free agency. Many have speculated that both Suter and Weber wanted to see a commitment to winning from the organization before they themselves would commit to deals. Considering the commitment they made to winning via the trades they made: Gil, Kostitsyn and Gaustad (which was a big overpayment) why would the Preds let him walk?