View Single Post
Old
03-05-2012, 02:41 PM
duari91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
TBH I can't really believe so many people thinking not only Etem but one of the Russian centers would be top 6 NHL ready next season. To me, Etem looked very poor in his last TC, I can't see him going from below NHL standard to top 6, let alone top line NHL player in one season, even if he's having a good season in the WHL. And on any of the Russian centers, they haven't played one NHL game yet, and one is coming off a serious knee injury I believe yet they are suddenly going to be a #2 NHL center at 18? I doubt it, alot.

Palmieri is the most likely, but even then he hasn't looked great when up in the NHL so far.

Also Cogs+DSP should not be anywhere near that top 6, that's a lottery pick 2nd line there. Cogs+DSP hopefully are both on the third line next year, as they are playing very well in that role and are more suited to it then top 6 imo. If Teemu comes back I'd expect Koivu to be our 2nd line center for next year, as you know Teemu will want to play with Koivu.
Etem could easily progress over leaps and bounds in the off season to make the line-up. He may even have great success. Do you not remember a certain Dman named Fowler who not only made the team last year, but was arguably our best Dman in the playoffs last year? Don't sell Etem short, he is a prolific goal scorer who could easily make the NHL with some hard work.

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote