Old
03-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
i'm no fan of Gauthier's work...

but i think you are sorely overestimating how little value Cammy had at the time we moved him.

Yes, argument could be made that we should have just kept him ("devil you know") if his value was that low, but it's not just speculation that he had become a cancer in the room... as bad as things have continued to be, results-wise, with him gone, having a guy like that around could have made things seriously worse.

Cammy had to go... we got a decent return for him (dislike Bourque all you want, doesn't remove the value of the 2nd + Holland).

Bourque is in the midst of his worse season in years. He could, like Gomez, continue to deteriorate, but he could also turn things around.

I'd rather have an unproductive 3M$ player than an unproductive 6M$ player who *****es/complains and acts like a prima donna.
Once again, trade him for futures. Take a salary dump for a year on top of it if you have to. But please, don't take garbage on the hook for a long term. Everyone knew Bourque was terrible.

You could've went on the Flames boards and found that out FFS. But anyone who saw a bunch of Flames games could've told you what Bourque was all about.

It's mind-boggling how we can end up with a player like that. Nix the deal and pick some futures up at the deadline. If we wanted to save the season, why would you pick up a lesser player? The supposed 'cancer'? Enough with the BS.

It was a decent move if you wanted to get rid of Cammalleri. But it just wasn't good enough.