Old
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralManager View Post
David Fischer > Claude Giroux?
Ben Maxwell > Milan Lucic?

As much as I like Timmins, he's not perfect. To me the pick that we are likely to get will turn into a good NHLer, but how good NOBODY knows. But we do know how good Andrei Markov is and i'd like to see what we have in that asset.
Great... you can cherrypick some players who we didn't get, congratulations. You can do that for any scout in the league.

That means absolutely zero in what we're talking about here. For years Timmins has had to get what he can from mid round picks and we've gone without superstars. It makes absolutely no sense to try to argue that there's a benefit from drafting later. We should be giving him the best shot he can to get the best player we can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I'm sorry man you are wrong. Markov is a part of the team, they need to know how to perform, you don't sit out a player because he might threaten your tank.

Markov will play when ready and it will be the right decision because having a healthy Markov is important for the team in the long-term and this needs to be known as soon as possible so the habs can act accordingly.

There's probably a better chance the habs don't pick a superstar with their pick then moving up in standings enough to lose out on one.

Let's stop playing Price while we're at it, as well as Desharnais, Pacioretty and Cole. This is ridiculous.
It's not close to the same thing and you know it.