View Single Post
Old
03-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
I watched the games back then and both lines are dominant. The AK line was more skilled so that's why people are under the impression that it's not close... when in fact, the DD line is just as effective... without Markov.
As "bad" of a season as some would have us believe Subban is having, I say he's still pretty effective at contributing to the strength of the forwards he lines up with so often.

In fact, I guess if I were to compare the "strength" of respective 5 man units, I'd say for every bit that Subban is a "downgrade" from Markov, Gorges is an "upgrade" over Komisarek. It's an interesting change in dynamic, as back then the "smart" guy was the offensive/2-way guy (consistently under-rated defense, of course), and the "wild" (slightly unpredictable/inconsistent/developing/whatever) guy was the defensive partner. Now it's almost equal and opposite in that respect, imo.

Interesting to ponder how that might impact the play/style of the forwards they play(ed) with. Goaltending has been pretty consistently good overall as well, but now they're playing with a goalie that not only loves, but excels at, playing the puck. All interesting facets to look at in the "big picture".

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote