Thread: Speculation: Will Hejduk return next year?
View Single Post
Old
03-05-2012, 10:53 PM
TheStranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
It's so weird how his production has just completely disappeared. He's got 2 points (both assists) in his last 10 games during the most important stretch of the year, and just 2 goals in his last 26 games. 4 goals in his last 39 games, because he had a two goal game a while before that.

I can't figure it out. Nothing really changed, and he's been a model of consistency prior to this year. He's skating well, handling the puck well. Just looks a little disinterested, and his confidence, and shot have just vanished.

It would be real special for him to reach 1000 games, especially with the same team. That's a pretty impressive feat. I think he can still help the team in a lesser role, but even on the 3rd line, he's going to have to help contribute a bit offensively, and not hold his linemates back.

It would also be a beneift to keep from naming one of the youngsters captain for another year as well IMO. That being said, it sure seems possible that C on Hejduk's chest is awfully heavy for him.
Indeed. I really don't believe he just hit the wall. I don't believe that happens over night as it seemingly did this year. Unless he simply hurt something and has decided to play on for the year rather than going through a surgery or something. Perhaps indicating he will get it fixed when he's retired which could be this off-season.

Even if he did "hit the wall", usually vision and hands are what goes last, not first. Instead he still seems to have the movement, but can't do anything with his hands. It's just all wrong.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote