View Single Post
Old
11-14-2003, 10:44 AM
StanleyCH25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
When things aren't going well, a coach will play around with his lines to see if he can generate any chemistry. Although I do agree that some lines just seemed really out of place (Ribeiro, Perreault and Dackell????)

As it stands, I still think this is some of our better lineups this year:

Audette-Koivu-Zednik
Perreault-Koivu-Zednik
Bulis-Koivu-Zednik (I liked this line last year but Bulis isn't

Ryder-Ribeiro-Hossa (I really like this line together)
Ryder-Ribeiro-Zednik
Bulis-Ribeiro-Zednik (wouldn't mind trying this line together)
Hossa-Ribeiro-Zednik

Sundstrom-Juneau-Dackell
Bulis-Juneau-Dackell
Ward-Juneau-Dackell
Perreault-Juneau-Dackell

Kilger-Begin-Langdon
Ward-Begin-Langdon
Ward-Begin-Kilger

The way I see it, this is what we have:

Potential 1st line material:
Koivu - 1/2 Zednik

Potential 2nd line material:
1/2 Zednik - Ribeiro - Ryder - Hossa - Perreault - Audette - Bulis

Potential 3rd line material:
Juneau - Dackell - 1/2 Ward - Sundstrom - 1/2 Begin

Potential 4th line material:
1/2 Begin - 1/2 Ward - Kilger - Langdon

Mix and match all you want but in most games, if we fall behind, we don't have much firepower to get back ahead and until we do, we are going to have to play a chess game with other teams and hope that we come out on top.

The good news is that there's been a positive change in the number of chances we are giving opposing teams to score. We've really lowered the amount of shots against and also have lowered the scoring chances (which is a much more important stat but not being tracked). On the other hand, we've also increased our shots on goal and also have seen a bit more scoring chances come from it though I still don't think many of our shots are very threatening.

The biggest problem I see so far is that we are NOT burying our scoring chances very often. Players fumble their passes, miss the net, hit the post or just take too much time to take their shots.

I'm hoping that once Julien is satisfied with the defensive side of the game that he will start focusing on one-timer drills and puck control.