View Single Post
03-06-2012, 07:50 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Using the same logic, we could all universally refer to the severely mentally handicapped people in society as "Stylizer1 Smart".

Or, we could refer to the ugliest people in society, and I'm talking "Elephant-Man-Taking-A-Blender-In-The-Face" ugly, as having a "Stylizer1 Mug".

I could go on... Just because it's true, it doesn't mean that it's the right thing to say.

(and I'm just trying to make a point here, not actually calling you dumb & ugly... at least, not severely, haha)
Despite this, I think we've made some progress here in Ottawa. The very idea of the TEAM 1200 coming out as anti-bullying, and taking seriously the need to be so, is remarkable. I don't think they would have even entertained the notion a few years ago.

I also think this board is making huge strides. A couple of months ago I PMed a mod about a GDT title that I thought was ant-gay. I also wrote the original poster. The poster wasn't trying to be anti-gay, but the word he used could be seen as that. He totally understood and changed the title. The mod agreed, but the original poster had changed the title before the mad had to.

That was an amazing night for me. Not only did both of them see my point of view, but they went that one step further by not being at all defensive about it. I have to admit I was expecting to be shot down, but instead I was taken seriously.

I don't believe things happen for a reason. But if any good can come out of the disaster that was Jamie Hubly's death, it's going to be in the form a kinder, more considerate city. The "Adele" sized quips piss me off because JR is the program director. If the team is really anti bullying, and not just pretending to be, "jokes" like this have no place on their programming.