View Single Post
Old
03-06-2012, 12:32 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I disagree. I think you can build a winner around Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Majo, Neuvirth, Holtby and Green, assuming Backstrom and Green can get/stay healthy. That's still a very, very young core. Add Kuz, and things look even better.

The lack of prospects isn't such a big deal because their best players are still pretty young.
I agree with this. There's a lot of talent here. Montreal went through a rebuild in
2008 - 2009 and look where they are. They scrapped their roster and ended up with cap heck in Gomez, Cammalleri (who's gone) and Gionta. Not only that they gave up a great prospect in the process. I guess there's ways to rebuild and overpaying UFA's for core purposes isn't one of them.

Retool to me would be getting that center by possibly trading one of Carlson, Orlov or Green going with the theory you have to give up something to get something. I'd vote for Green. LOL

Back to tonight's game. Caps score at the 17:14 mark of the first period followed by another goal shortly thereafter. The floodgates open and they on a ten game winning streak.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote