View Single Post
Old
03-06-2012, 01:38 PM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I disagree. I think you can build a winner around Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Backstrom, Ovechkin, Majo, Neuvirth, Holtby and Green, assuming Backstrom and Green can get/stay healthy. That's still a very, very young core. Add Kuz, and things look even better.

The lack of prospects isn't such a big deal because their best players are still pretty young.
I see your point. There are some assumptions tho..for instance Backstrom's health, Ovie's conditioning and Kuznetsov coming over. Will Green just sign a 1 year deal and become a UFA? Will Holtby and Neuvirth bounce back after subpar years?

Also if we get a new GM and front office that may totally change our game plan and how we will go forward.

The new guy may trade a bunch of those guys or clear out the roster and maintain the "building thru the draft" mentality.

Tonights game will go a long way in determining the future of this team. They absolutely cannot afford to lose this game. If they do their mental state will be seriously challenged and the fans will be running out of patience quick.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote