View Single Post
Old
03-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Shea Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelDatsyuk View Post
If you are going to put $50 on Nashville to win the West then you are much better off going all the way at 18:1 . You're literally lighting money on fire if you bet on Nashville to come out of the West at 6:1 and not to win the cup at 18:1. Shop around, I'm sure you'll be able to find better than 18:1 at some point also.

I also believe that their odds to win the cup will actually increase by about ~0.5-1% if they drop to the 6th seed instead of the 5th seed, which is huge; it's the difference between something like 55:1 and ~36:1 odds, so I would wait to see if they are in a position to fall to 6th before I lay a bet down.

That's just my advice though
Thanks for the advice. I get where you're coming from...but I'm just a casual sports gambler, it's just $50. Not taking it this too seriously, just makes everything more exciting. I've drilled a few prop bets on "First to score in the game" this year. Hornqvist won me $120 (put $10 on 12:1) earlier this season and I was at the game, that was pretty awesome. And yes, I will surely shop around. The 18:1 figure is just what I heard on the radio right after the trade deadline.

If I lay $50 on Preds to win West and they do....it's not lighting the money on fire now is it?

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote