View Single Post
Old
03-06-2012, 07:09 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
It may displaease a lot of fans but to me the only real first-liner that we have is Max Pax. Fourth line is a joke. Third liner, i'm not sure what it is. Bourque I think is a career third liner whom team thinks is better than he is.
I agree with you somewhat. I think MaxPac is a legit first liner while Plekanec, Desharnais and Cole I would qualify as complementary first liner.

What really hurts is that we have only 4 top6 players. Bourque I agree is much better suited as a 3rd liner since he has very little anticipation and can't catch a pass. Eller is not ready to be the go to guy of his line but it might be a good experience at least.

The good news is that we couldn't be tanking better than this. He'll never say it in the media but perhaps Gauthier has been on the tankwagon for a while. Maybe Timmins really likes some of the top players this year? If he's like ''Yakupov is a future superstar and Grigorenko (or Galchenyuk, Forsberg, whoever) might be too'' then its great that we have a shot at 1st overall (with the lottery) or at least top5 pick.