View Single Post
Old
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I know, that's why I wasn't being serious.

There's been like 5 threads started about Kopitar in the past few weeks. People are overreacting to his mediocre play. It's like he's not appreciated, and some are eager to bash him. I think it's part human nature; people overvalue what others have, and under appreciate what they already have.

Here's some streaks from this season alone:
Zetterburg 1 goal in 23 games
M. Richards 1 goal in 30 games
Bergeron 2 goals in 17 games
Vanek 2 goals in 18 games
Giroux 1 goal in 16 games
B. Richards 3 goals in 25 games
E. Kane 3 goals in 20 games
Weiss 2 goals in 31 games
E. Staal 1 goal in 20
MSL 0 goals in 13 games, 1 goal in 14 games
Ovechkin 1 goal in 12 games
P. kane 2 goals in 20 games
Briere 0 goals in 19 games
Doan 3 goals in 23 games
J. Thornton 4 goals in 33 games
Tavares 1 goal in 15 games
M. Hossa 3 goals in 18 games
Datsyuk 1 goal in 15 games, 2 goals in 19 games
Getzlaf 1 goal in 25 games
H. Sedin 2 goals in 24 games

Good players, great players even, go through funks and even bad seasons. Remember Backstrom last year? Look at Kesler this season vs the previous season. There are many more examples.

People are just being unrealistic about Kopitar and every fan base does it. Individuals have a hard time being objective when it comes to their own players.

Did you do ANY research on this list? Seriously? You think people haven't complained about these players AT ALL?

It isn't unrealistic. It's the reality of playing the sport. People wondered if Tavares wanted to play there. A lot of people made a stink about Zetterbergs funk. Getzlaf had trade rumors and the ire of anaheim fans flying around him. Kane has had his share of questions on wether or not he wanted to play in the Peg arise....Ovechkins struggles have been well documented, covered, and talked about all season. etc, etc.

It's not unrealistic or overreacting, part of the job and the responsibility of being the top player or one of the top players for your team. You are pretending like nobody says anything about those guys, and we are just piling on Kopitar as if no one else does that with ANY of those players.

By the way I have only seen 2 threads about Kopitar. This one, and the "What's up with Kopitar?" thread which was started about a week and a half ago. Don't over exaggerate.

Also, a little more research you should do. This is one of the worst lists of comparison I have seen in a long time. Some of those players on your list are not goal scorers and never have been.

Joe Thornton averages BARELY over 20 goals and gets the majority of his points from assists.
Likewise with Brad Richards who has averaged around 22 goals over his last 5 seasons.
Henrik Sedin has only eclipsed 20 goals twice in his whole career.
Patrice Bergeron is a 50 point player and has only got over 25 goals once and averages around 20.
Giroux is also a pass first player averaging about 22 goals and over 50 assists a season.
Evander Kane is 20 years old, in his 3rd season pro and has never got over 50 points.
Eric Staal has had one of his worst seasons ever.
John Tavares is 11th in the league in scoring and on pace for a 30+ goal season
Shane Doan has already surpassed his last two season averages
Stephen Weiss is another pass first player who has only had over 20 goals twice.

What was your point with this poorly researched list? To show that pass first players, young players, aren't scoring? I could have told you that. Comparing some of these players to Kopitar is like comparing apples and giraffes.

Are you going to point out that Matt Greene only has 1 goal in 22 games for me also?

Last edited by Jason Lewis: 03-06-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote