View Single Post
Old
03-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeRyaneClowe View Post
Lundqvist is on pace to be enshrined. At worst I think his career will end up equalling Tony Esposito's, even without hardware.
Wow.........Tony O? High praise, but Lundqvist has never even been a 1st or 2nd all-star and Esposito did it 5 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik jr View Post
not even close to amazing

fleury was mediocre in '09 playoffs, including in finals. if he had been amazing in finals, pittsburgh would have won in less than 7.

fleury was much better in '08 playoffs.
Well he did play Detroit twice. Both series were tight series. He wasn't playing against some patsies. And in 2009 it is easy to forget how clutch Fleury was that postseason. He had a couple vapour lock moments, but he rebounded every time with a spectacular performance. He made incredible saves in each playoff round. Each time it could have altered the series. Against Jeff Carter in the Philly series, Ovechkin in Game 7, Staal against Carolina and then brilliant stops against Cleary late in Game 6 on a breakaway that would have tied the game and then who can forget the highway robbery on Lidstrom? The guy got the monkey off his back in dramatic fashion. Yeah, I'd say he stepped it up big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbeee View Post
In 00-10 generation there is only one goalie who will be inducted - Brodeur. Of course if we count him among that generation.
Very good chance has Tim Thomas, he just need to compile some numbers and he will be ok.
Then...well, it's very thin ice.
Luongo? With no Cup, Vezina and his reputation? Kiprusoff? Uhm, rather no. MAF? This must be a joke. With that being said, Lundqvist is very sexy pick who has finally earned his reputation and is on his way to collect trophies and achievments.
I would bet my money that he will be third and the last HOFer from 00-10 generation.
Why is it that a 27 year old with two trips to the final, an Olympic Gold as a back up, plenty of wins in his young career a "joke" to be mentioned just on projection? He was 9th in Hart voting in 2011. Look at him this year too and while Malkin deservingly is getting the press it also helps that Fleury has played very strong this year.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote