Thread: Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-4
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2012, 09:56 AM
4evaBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
More effort last night than i have seen in a while from the Leafs. I don't mind losing to a better team when there is effort atleast. Rosie handled Thorton a lot better than i thought he would, I wonder if Colton has been schooling him. Training camp just started about 17 games earlier for next year. With Lupul's and Army's injuries they can bring up Ashton with out burning a callup(I think). That is a little silver lining anyway.
The effort was there, and the game really could have gone either way. A few defensive brainfarts were the difference. Props to the veterans Army and Connolly for standing up for themselves (and the team), eventhough they're not exactly scrapers.

Quote:
Gus was very average and played ok but lets give Reimer the ball. Reimer is under contract next season and needs to get some starts and confidence going, Gus I think is done after this season(in Toronto I mean).
The whole giving the ball to Reims to let him get confidence is what landed us in this spot to start with. Unless the team has decided to mail it in for the season, we don't need that crap again.

Quote:
Gardiner is either getting tired again or struggling to figure out the new system or both. Either way let him sit a few games and watch instead of destroying the confidence he has built up.
It's to be expected from a rookie who's used to college schedule. He should never have been getting 20+ mins a night, nevermind on a regular basis. He should definately be sitting in favor of Franson atm, but Carlyle needs to get a feel for all the players still.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote