View Single Post
Old
02-04-2006, 10:49 PM
dustinbrownfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
GM's should never, EVER, negotiate contracts with a coaching staff during the season. The Kings organization should know this after what Manchester did with Bruce Boudreau and his staff. The contracts of coaches should always be done at the conclusion of a season. That is the best time to see if they merit an extension.

As far as players are concerned, the last soon-to-be unrestricted free agent that the Kings were able to lock up was Aaron Miller and Mattias Norstrom both within a matter of days. Before him, I recall Mathieu Schneider becoming a free agent after his first season in Los Angeles, he received some offers, but then ended up re-signing with the Kings.

I'm sure we will eventually see Norstrom being re-signed to a multi-year deal, as I hope the same will happen with Eric Belanger, and MAYBE Joe Corvo. As much as he is made out to be a scapegoat, you can't help but notice a significant improvement in his game, and he could turn out to be a player who can haunt the Kings in the future.

Remember what happened with Boucher and how long it took for him to finally put it together? He was never healthy, and when he played, he was soft. He lacked confidence in his game until he had a healthy season and became a force for the Kings. I'm surprised how long the Kings stuck with him, and it finally paid off for Boucher with a nice, lucrative contract courtesy of the Dallas Stars.
The firing of the coaching staff in manchester last year came after the monaches were eliminated from the playoffs