View Single Post
Old
03-07-2012, 10:26 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
The Myth of Depth and Other Issues of Concern

All season we have heard about the great depth this team has. But let's really examine that.

- The third line (I'm using Dubinsky, Boyle, Prust) is on pace a 19 goals 71 points.

- The fourth line (I'm using Fedotenk, Rupp, Mitchell) is on pace for

- While Callahan is on pace for 12 more points compared to last season, Anisimov is on pace for 4 fewer.

- While Stepan is on pace for 18 more points compared to last season, Dubinsky is on pace for a staggering 22 fewer.

- Carl Hagelin has as many goals as Dubinsky and Boyle combined.

- The offensive is basically coming from two players (Gaborik and Stepan)

- There are really no options in Hartford who can help this team's sputtering offense and that includes Zuccarello.

- Combine with that with an ineffective at best power play and there are serious concerns about where the goals are going to from entering the playoffs.

Other concerns:

- The team's supposed #1 defenseman who is being paid almost 4M is playing on the bottom pair with Stu Bickel. Why?

- This team has played hard all season. Yet they have had the play taken to them in three straight games now. Are they gassed? For that matter, do they have an extra gear going into the playoffs?

- They have gone from being a tough team to a team that is fighting just to fight. Toughness comes from finishing checks and playing in your face hockey. They have done neither in the games against the Bruins and Devils.

- The team is easily kept on the perimeter in the offensive zone.

- If Hank gives up more than 2 goals, who exactly is this team going to win.

It's not my intention to be negative. I mean if someone told you that in March the Rangers would be in first in the East despite Dubinsky having 7 goals, 19 points, Brian Boyle having 5 goals, Dan Girardin being on pace for 3 fewer points than the previous season, Brad Richards having 27 assists, and Anisimov having 13 goals you say that that person was nuts. But there are concerns. Is this just smoke and mirrors? Is this team ripe to be exposed in the playoffs?