View Single Post
Old
03-07-2012, 11:42 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky* View Post
Though I wouldn't want either to happen, I honestly think it makes more sense to let one of Jagr or Voracek go instead.

I mean they traded for Grossman and Kubina at a time when all of the other defensemen (apart from Pronger) were healthy, which means they were candidly admitting that Carle, Timonen, Coburn, and Meszaros were not good enough.

It's hard to imagine them going to back to that defense.
This is not true.

They were candidly admitting that Carle, Timonen, Coburn, and Meszaros were not good enough to anchor a team playing in front of an AHL-caliber goaltender.

Now that Bryzgalov is playing well, you notice him, but you still don't notice the defense taking care of business without Pronger, Timonen, or Meszaros.

Granted Carle and Coburn would not have been okay in that scenario minus the additions of Kubina and Grossman, but they have both played effectively given bigger roles with Timonen and Meszaros out, even despite Carle's problems with the puck.

Our defense has been very good all year. Not all world like it was when we had Pronger, Richards, and Carter, but certainly very good.

I'm glad Bryzgalov is playing like he gives a damn. If this continues and everyone gets healthy, we have a shot to really compete in the playoffs.