Thread: News Article: Zach Parise
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
hockeytrain crew
Rookie User

vCash: 500
It's probably not the right page to talk about this issue but the Wild have little to no talent on the current playing roster. Poor MNwild fans have to watch Heatley with Brodz and Johnson on a line.

Having Koivu out kills us at the center position. All we have right now is a bunch of good 3rd and 4th line players trying to play 1st and 2nd line positions.

Don't get me wrong, I like Johnson and Brodz. I like Cullen and Powe. I like a lot of our players that we have, but only if they're playing on the correct line. We don't have the skill we need on our top 2 lines when Bouchard, Lats, and Koivu are missing. Our depth will be much better next with some youth coming in but this year we don't have it.

If we can get Parise to come in that would be great. It's a long shot with teams like the Red Wings having cap space too. They get who they want generally.

Landing Parise would help our talent on the top 2 lines for next year. Leaving us with options for guys like Cullen and Brodz to be big time players on the 3rd and 4th lines, with the possibility of stepping in on the 1st or 2nd line if injuries come up.

This year is over and I'm just hoping the wild can battle through it. I want to see effort and some heart. Hate to see teams roll over, so hopefully they can fight through it the rest of the year and be ready come next season!

Last edited by GopherState: 03-07-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Advertising