View Single Post
Old
03-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
If the the playoffs started now, I don't think the Rangers would be the clear-cut best team going in. They'd have no excuse losing to the 8-seed, but NJ, Ottawa and Pittsburgh (especially if Crosby returns) all look pretty dangerous to me as a Rangers fan. I'm not overly worried about Boston or Philadelphia, but whatever team makes it out of the East is going to face a very tough Final as well.

Another thing that worries me is that I feel there are other teams who can really step up their game in the playoffs -- the Rangers have been playing like every game is a playoff game all season, so sometimes I wonder how much more they have to give.

I'm not down on them, though, these are just concerns. The good side is that I think the Rangers are able to keep an 'us versus the world' attitude because of that.

Also, I'm not sure why SBOB doesn't see Hagelin's performance as a positive. He's achieved a lot more than I would have expected this season, and, while he's a rookie, there's a decent chance he will be able to contribute in the playoffs.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote