View Single Post
Old
03-07-2012, 12:47 PM
You 'Orns!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
There was always this myth of depth on defense because we were carrying so many of them on the roster, but part of the reason why Girardi and McD are so gassed is because we haven't had a reliable 3rd pairing all year. The loss of Sauer really hurts right now. I mentioned in the post game thread that Stralman, Eminger, and Bickel (might as well throw Woywitka in there too in case he plays) really need to step up and play their best hockey now. I thought we needed a veteran defenseman at the deadline but unfortunately there weren't many available.

This team is in big trouble if more than one forward goes down with an injury. I am not liking dressing both Rupp and Scott in the lineup. They are both slow and Rupp's hand must still be bothering him because he hasn't been that physical as of late.

The most glaring problem to me lately has been all the mistakes and carelessness with the puck. It appears to get worse with each game. Physical and mental exhaustion are setting in. They have to raise their alertness level on the ice and start playing smart hockey if they want to make any noise in the playoffs.
I think our 3rd-pairing has been fine all season. There's a reason they're the 3rd-pairing and they're really no worse than any other team's 3rd pairing.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote