View Single Post
Old
03-07-2012, 12:47 PM
SteveV*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
That's the problem. The price for experienced goalies is very high right now. Edmonton wanted a first for Khabibulin. That's huge for an inconsistent goaltender.

Reimer's had his chances all season with Wilson's system and has gotten hung out to dry on numerous occasions (recent memory brings me back to the huge game against Florida).

I'm surprised that Carlyle isn't giving Reimer a chance to see how he does with the team playing like this. And IMO, he'd do a lot better because the team is playing better and not giving any 2 on 1s or other odd man rushes.
Again, we are NOT going with this tandem next year, no doubt about it, so whatever the price is, Burke will pay it. The organization is showing no confidence in Reimer, here we have a guy who is apparently gone, NO contract talks at all, and he's playing ahead of the guy we are supposedly grooming, with the contract? Speaks volumes, we will get another goalie, maybe not a 10 year vet, but someone who looks like a starter with some experience at the very least. I think that's a given bro.