Thread: Speculation: Sign GrossmaNN
View Single Post
Old
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Agreed. Now that Grossmann has had a chance to settle in, he's averaging almost 19 minutes of ice time per night, he's playing regularly on the PK and is helping spell Timonen and Coburn from playing tons of minutes.

I'm also hoping the Flyers re-sign Kubina as well. He too has been excellent since coming over from Tampa Bay and has really settled in as well. I never realized just how smart of a player Kubina is and you can see that he always tries to make the safe play each and every time. There's nothing fancy, just effective.

Maybe Grossmann and Kubina can rub off on Carle, Coburn and Meszaors about how to play defense and how looking after the little things can make one more effective.
I honestly didn't think GrossmanN and/or Kubina would make such a major difference and felt the defensive issues ran deeper. Just goes to show that I, once again, have no idea idea what I'm talking about. I don't think it's any coincidence that Bryz's play has taken off ever since those two acquisitions... they're playing physically, clearing guys out from in front of the net, and noticeably opening up sight lines so Bryz can see most of the shots.