View Single Post
Old
03-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
I agree. King was ahead of Bud down in the AHL and Loki is likely better then both. Nolan is big, tough, and physical. Not sure Bud filled that position on the 4th line.

I'm not sure why people keep posting about him. He's at best a C- prospect that never showed top-6 potential and we don't have a spot on the 3rd line which is what he'd hope to have. I suppose he could have beaten out King this year and yea... I guess he gets to sit around and wonder "what if." Only gets harder next year with King/Loki/Nolan all having NHL experience, Vey figuring things out in the AHL, and TT working his way up from Juniors.

I guess some spots are going to open up on the bottom-6 but who exactly does he beat out?
It's going to be interesting next year. I really think that the Kings have more than enough depth to go out and sign Parise to a big money deal, since I could easily see a bottom 6 like...
Gagne - Loktionov - Moller/Holloway/King
Holloway/King/Clifford - Lewis/Richardson - Nolan
King/Moller/Clifford

which would not only be very very solid, but talented and dirt cheap. 3rd line is a scoring line obviously, King can be inserted for some extra size to the 3rd or 4th lines. I'd be on board for that. Maybe use a little more size maybe, but with Carter, Brown, Kopitar, Richards in the top 6 as well, we'd still be a fairly big team in general.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 03-07-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote