View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 12:45 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Yup, and if we had a goalie in 2010. It just ****ing kills me. So close, but never enough. Philly sports in a nutshell. That 2004 team still probably remains my favorite Philadelphia pro sports team ever. I mean, the ride with the Phillies in 2008 was unbelievable, but that team never lost more than one game in a playoff series. With that 2004 Flyers team... between Markov's goal to finish off the Devils (after they'd broken our hearts in the playoffs each time before), the iconic Roenick goal to sink the Leafs after Tucker annihilated Sami Kapanen, or Primeau's tying-goal and Gagne's winning goal to send it to Game 7 against Tampa Bay in a series in which Kapanen was forced to play defense (and he played it damn well). I don't know what it was exactly, but that team just engendered a special feeling in me.

Here's the Markov goal that started the journey. Steve Levy's call ("... to Malakhov, for Zhamnov, and Markov...."), the kind of shot routine shot it was that beat Brodeur, and, of course, Markov's trademark crazy celebration always make me smile.

Effing Tampa Bay man Still can't believe it.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote