View Single Post
Old
02-05-2006, 04:03 PM
catgoldfish

vCash: 500
Leafs should tank this season

I feel as though the Leafs get badly outplayed almost every single game. Even though they still seem to win games. I think most people realize now we can't just go out there and spend money on patch up players here and there. They should go with the lineup they have and now ride it out and see what happens. If they make the playoffs good... if not too bad.

For years the Leafs have spent money foolishly. Now it's time to swallow their pride and move forward instead of backwards. Meaning get the most they can out of the drafts. Start within and build form there. I must admit they are getting there. It's nice to see some rookies finally playing and playing very well. But we need some more time to become a dominating team such as Ottawa or Detroit. It's gonna take a while and fans should be patient with the team.

Certainly the way the team was before was too many old has beens. I sure all the players we traded for patch up players may have made us a much better team. But screw the past we made some dumb deals but so has every other team.

HERES TO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE LEAFS FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!