View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 05:23 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymustgo View Post
I'd love to, but I no longer live in WNY. I'm just shocked at how tame First Niagara Center is all the time now.

I was in that building for the Derek Plante OT playoff win against Ottawa whenever that was. Anyone else there that night? The atmosphere was beyond electric with "USA" chants going, a depiction of the American Flag waving on the jumbo tron, chants going back and forth between Ottawa fans in our building and Sabres fans...

You couldn't ask for more than what we had in there that night. If that was a 10 out of 10, almost all home games this year have been a 1.5 out of 10. There was a home game on a Friday night against the Leafs earlier in the year where the crowd was going nuts. And the first Bruins reunion after the Lucic incident saw a lively crowd. I don't recall much more than that to be honest this entire year.

WTF?
........ is everyone really going to just sit there and accept a comparison of a game 7 playoff overtime goal for the first playoff series win in four years to a regular season game?

Or to Winnipeg, which got a team back THIS season after 15 years without one? These are the levels of comparison? Yikes

The crowd has sucked in the regular season since 2008-09. It steps up in the playoffs, and IMO that's what counts.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote