Old
03-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I disagree.

Over the last 10 seasons only three teams have won the cup with a PP that converts less much less than 20% of it's chances.

Boston last year (by far the best ES scoring team in the PO's)

Anaheim in 06-07

Devils in 02-03

The trend that I see is that if you have a PP that converts at a rate of 19% or better, you have better than even odds that you can win the cup.

A low scoring team such as the Rangers who even with the most 3+ goal games is still only 14th overall at 5 on 5 play will need an effective PP and I don't even mean they they have to convert at a 20% clip.

Get the PP to 18% and we will have a great shot to win the cup
You missed Detroit in 08. Which means 4 of the last 10. I don't really consider that to be much of a trend.

I don't disagree that improving the powerplay would help with our chances. I just don't see it as a completely necessary ingredient to winning the Cup.

And you can't compare where the Rangers sit overall with 5/5 to a stat like how often a team scores more than 3. They're number 2 in likelihood to score 3 goals, but number 11 overall in goal-scoring. I bet the Rangers are the team who scores 3+ ES goals more often than any other team... and are probably also near the top for how often they score 2+ ES goals.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote