View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robs789 View Post
Sorry but this annoys to hear this. Somehow through Richards large contract everyone forgets who he is. He is not meant to be scoring a goal per game, he is a playmaker. Hes meant to rack in the assists and be the QB of the PP, not be playing Gaboriks role.
Where did I say he had to be scoring goals? He has to be a difference-maker at that salary. He has not been on a night-to-night basis. End of story.

Look around the league. I expect him to be on par with Jason Spezza or Marc Savard (when he was healthy) not Thomas Plekanec.

People made fun of Burke for giving Grabovski his new contract, he is outscoring Brad Richards.

He has 1 more point than Stepan. 1.

He is tied for 72nd in the league in points.

What I find most amusing is that the same people who were bashing Drury and Gomez when they were here are giving Richards a pass. It is UNACCEPTABLE to be paying close to 7 million/season for a player who will most likely end up with 55~60 points.

So far it has been a bad investment and the fact that he is already 31 and signed for 8 MORE seasons does not bode well for the future.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote