View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
LG, I think you're shooting the messenger on this one. Todd hits on some points that have been made by other journalists. He uses Beliveau for contrast. I won't go so far as to say it's a great article but I truly believe it to be true.
As I said, I actually agree with a lot of what he wrote. It's the way he wrote it that was tasteless. If the guy just stuck to the facts without his usual sanctimony, it might've been a decent piece. But he seems incapable of writing a professional article.

Much of what he said has been echoed in these very forums. And I edited out much of his analysis that comes later, most of which I agree with. But the guy can't help himself. He's got to be a jerk in every article he writes. And you know it's bad when a high point for him is when he's not calling somebody a "sewer rat."

I'm sorry but I can't help but continue to bring this to the attention of fans in Montreal. The man is a garbage journalist and it must be chronicled and pointed out. Some things need to be spoken out against and bad journalism is among them. The man has no place writing for a newspaper. As for shooting the messenger... I'd make a pun on this but I don't want to get banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
then Todd couldn't convey his message:

1) Beliveau is the embodiment of the team's classy and successful past
2) Gauthier represents the anti-Beliveau
Point number 1 should be made in a separate article.

Point number 2 shouldn't be made at all. By all means rip apart his term as GM, but leave Beliveau out of it. The timing of it is awful. If he wants to draw a comparison to former greats, use one who isn't currently in the hospital. Use Sam Pollock as the standard of greatness. Don't drag Mr. Beliveau into this. I doubt he'd want to be used this way.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 03-08-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote