View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Issacar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMath View Post
You seem to forgot this:

During the summer, when you actually sign the UFA... the Management had good indication that Markov would be back within 2 month.... so his 5,75 cap hit would have actually count...sooner or later.

They could have signed one defenseman in case Markov doesnt come back ... but 2 was not really possible (unless they took the option to bury Gomez during the season once Markov is back)

Spacek was not easy to trade... all we got in a return ... was a long and heavy contract ... I don't think any cup contender (the only kind of team that could be interested in Spacek) would have been interested by him... proof, he did not get moved at the TD.
Markov was skating on one leg last summer. Don't know if you,ve seen footage of the practices, but anyone who believed that Markov would be back early were really far off. If management believed in this crap, more reason to fire Gauthier.

It,s not because Markov say "I'm ready". That he is indeed ready, just look at the way he is sakting during practices right now, he's not even ready to play before the end of the seaosn, the guy skates on one leg for god sake. If you send him now, he'll only require another surgery before the season is over.

I also shown that we were albe to keep Gomez while signing 2 defensemne. Also, is it that hard to pass Spacek through the waivers and free cap space? I mean, it's not like the NHL doesn't give work around to free up cap space... It's just smart management.