View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Issacar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMath View Post
Sign a defenseman to a long term contract + trading him within 2 month in the season = efficient managing ?

You think UFA will like that kind of managing ?

Send to europe ? ... it happen so often. Not cuz you once see a team take that option with Huet ... that it mean it's a done deal with any player.

Put them on LITR ??? what ??

You think efficient managing bury player in the AHL ??
We signed Guillaume Latendresse and traded him 2-3 months after, what is the difference? You think that RFA's on the team cares about this?

Effiecient managing = retaining your asset and trading them away as to not lose them for nothing in the end. Let's see ... what do we have in the line up for Tom Kostopoulos, Guillaume Latendresse, Maxim Lapierre, James Winieski, Saku Koivu, Alex Kovalev, Alex Tanguay, Sergei Kostitsyn, Mikhail Grabovski, Francis Bouillon, Mike Komisarek, Mike Ribeiro, Micheal Ryder? I'm pretty sure we can find a roster spot for most of these guys and our season would be much different if we didn't wasted those assets.

It's not me that trades Ryan McDonagh for Gomez. It's not me that traded Spacek for a guy who earns more and for longer. Or signed Spacek in the first place.

An error does not fix another error. It's only 2 errors piling up and keeping Gomez on the ice right now is an error as muc has Kaberle is another one.