View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 02:49 PM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
if getting secondary assists are so easy, then Brandon Dubinsky would be having a better statistical season than he is. Richards makes a lot of very good, subtle plays out there that go unnoticed. So many times he'll bring it into the zone late in a shift. hold the puck for a few seconds, then put it into a zone where the next shift can get to it to continue pressure. he doesnt get points for that, he doesnt get any credit for it, but its a very smart play. he's a very good player.

i dunno, i really value hockey IQ over almost every other hockey ability, so call me biased, i think Richards is going to be just fine, and barring 2 cold streaks, neither of which were ridiculously long, he's been getting on the score sheet with regularity.
I never said they were easy to get and don't even bring up Dubinsky, I've lost 3 years off my life because of him. You are correct, he is a good hockey player and he does make smart plays, but he needs to be more. He needs to be dangerous. I never expected him to get 90 points, truth be told I was hoping we wouldnt sign him, but to not break into the 70s will be upsetting for sure.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote