View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why do people keep repeating this nonsense? Lapierre asked to be used like he should be. He wanted to feel like Martin cared about him and what he can do for this team. Lapierre felt he deserved at least some PK time. So at worst, it was a "I want to play more or else". But why the heck didn't we go with....PLAYING HIM MORE?

There is a difference between I want to go no matter how I'm used and I want to feel like I'M part of this team, if not, I'll play for a team who want me. Isn't that legit? So he didn't ask for a trade. He asked to be used more. He was then traded because Martin didn't like him. Period. We have a coach who is alert, Lapierre is still with us. The guy can do the job for a Cup finalist, but hey....not good enough for a 29th team in the league.
He said he had a conversation with Pierre Gauthier just before and they figured out that he needed to get traded, because he needed a fresh start and wasn't used like he wanted. That's pretty much asking for a trade when you go to the GM talking about that. I don't say it isn't also management fault, but Lapierre wasn't playing at his best either. Then again he didn't played more minutes in Anaheim or in Vancouver so JM was kind of right somewhat.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote