Thread: Is it to late?
View Single Post
Old
02-05-2006, 10:02 PM
StorminZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Gloves
I'm 15 right now and I'm wondering if its too late for me to learn how to ice skate, learn how to play hockey on ice (I.e. the techniques), and play on an actual team? I've never played on a team or ice. Is it to late for me to begin? How would I improve my skills? I guess people will host skills night or something at local rinks. Its always been my dream to play hockey.....
It's never too late.

Not sure about where you live, but here in Edmonton, there's tons of opportunity to play hockey at varying skill levels with players of varying ages. Hockey is a great sport for many reasons. First, it's physically demanding ... a great form of exercise. Second, it's a great team sport ... a chance to get out with the guys/gals (can't forget the women amongst us). Third, it's a great outlet to work off pent up energy and just get away from the busies of daily life. Fourth, there's no sport better. Fifth, you can play it at any age and still enjoy it. I've been playing for over 30 years and have no intention of stopping any time soon (though the bones and muscles let me know when I've overdone it LOL).

StorminZ is offline   Reply With Quote