View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I have to nitpick this one. This doesn't really show how "people viewed him" because what really happened was that 15 of 120+ voters named him on their ballots. We really don't know what the other 100+ voters thought. Maybe they saw him as average, maybe they'd have named him if the ballot was 8 names long. We don't know. Hart voting means a lot for the top guys, but exponentially less as we go down the list, and is a weak indicator of greatness or value when such a small percentage of the ballots is involved.
Not crazy at all when you think of it. He had 58 votes in total. Actually had one 1st place vote (no I don't agree with that, but still). Had more 2nd place votes than Pekka Rinne who finished 4th. Had a few 3rd and 4th place votes too. Enough people figured he was a difference maker last year. Finished higher than Stamkos. Finished higher than Henrik Sedin. And you know as well as I do that goalies never get the benefit of the doubt with the Hart, so 9th is not bad at all. It isn't as if he finished 20th with a 5th place vote and I am making a case for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory View Post
Not yet, but he will be once his career is done.

And MAF a hall of famer? Hahah funny.
So Lundqvist will be one once his career is done but the mere mention of Fleury and it makes you laugh? (Sigh) Well, it reminds me of the days when I literally got laughed at by people on these boards back in 2007 when I predicted Martin St. Louis would be a HHOFer. We'll revisit Fleury's case in 5-6 years from now, it probably won't be very comical by then.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote