View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 07:28 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
He said he had a conversation with Pierre Gauthier just before and they figured out that he needed to get traded, because he needed a fresh start and wasn't used like he wanted. That's pretty much asking for a trade when you go to the GM talking about that. I don't say it isn't also management fault, but Lapierre wasn't playing at his best either. Then again he didn't played more minutes in Anaheim or in Vancouver so JM was kind of right somewhat.
I really loved Lappy and I do wish we had him, but the truth is that, as you point out he wanted more than he was getting ice time wise. This is different from the other headcases we've had, because Laps really cared about the team overall, BUT in light of the fact that he just assumed the same secondary/tertiary...quanternary (?) role on other teams shows me that it's because he became so much of a fan favourite, he couldn't not want that. When these guys go to other places where people don't care or that are swamped with talent and they aren't the homeboy, they seem to accept less ice time or to play into the coache's system more.

This is why I think Leblanc will be awesome with us. He has all the reason to be a primadonna, but I really get the impression that he will be like Pleks and just do what's best for the team no matter how many standing Os he gets. Players like that are going to help us progress. Eller also seems to have a good attitude.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote