View Single Post
03-08-2012, 08:20 PM
vCash: 500
If you're looking to get in better overall shape then you can't go wrong either way. Both yield great results when coupled with a healthy diet.

If you are already in very good shape and are looking for a program to make you a better hockey player, I can't necessarily recommend P90X or Insanity. While you may see some improvement doing them based on your current fitness level, you could probably spend that time with a more carefully structured sport-specific hockey training program that will yield better results.

What people buying into the P90X and Insanity workouts often fail to realize is that everybody is unique and will see different results with different programs. P90X and Insanity are a "one size fits all" type of workout program. If you're like me and your fitness level is atrocious or you just want to be generally fitter or look better and don't have any specific performance requirements, then either of those programs will yield fantastic results.

It's similar to the argument I have with Crossfit... Crossfit is great (though somewhat dangerous given the things they do) and will get you in better shape, but really only makes you better at Crossfit. It's a relatively unstructured "one size fits all" type of workout program. In fact, I'd go as far to say that Crossfit is its own sport/social competitive activity in and of itself, as opposed to a real workout regiment.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote