View Single Post
Old
03-08-2012, 08:32 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges7 View Post
I mean right now. Compare him to Murray and Dumba.

My opinion is that he is not the player that either of them are.

The next question is do you believe that either Murray or Dumba is NHL ready?

I have a minority opinion here in that I believe Dumba is closer than Murray but my guess is that Dumba is probably not.

Jones, should he continue to develop as he fills out and gets some consistency with his speed is going to be a very good NHL defenseman - in three or four years.
Well of course those two are further ahead. They have had a full extra year of growth and experience at this point in time. I've never said that I think Jones is currently a better player than either of those two.

Do I think those two are better prospects than Jones? Not at all. I think he has much more potential going forward.

I also think he's closer to reaching that potential than you are giving him credit for. With another 18-24 months under his belt, the fall following his draft year (2013), playing a CHL-style schedule, he could be potentially be ready to make the pro jump.

Style-wise, he definitely compares more to Murray than Dumba though. He's also much more raw and has way more size and growth potential than either of them.