Old
03-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Ok then, let's be fair.

Poile - as I initially pointed out, depends on this year's playoff success on everything. Suter might leave if they bomb out of the playoffs, and he'll have traded two 2nds and a 1st for what'll amount to nothing (if they bomb out in the first round) and he'll have nothing to show for it at all since Gill is super old even if he re-signs and AKost... well we'll see what happens with him.

That aside, if it works out and they get to the WCF, more power to him. I don't think they have the experience or the firepower but anything can happen. His deals for Rinne, Legwand and Erat disgust me however. Rinne is an unproven goaltender in the playoffs and he flat out sucked against Detroit in that one series - he's not worth 7/49 no matter how you cut it.

You say to be fair, but then say that it all depends on this one year to decide whether or not he's a good GM?

Rinne is the best goalie in the NHL, maybe the length of his contract is one or two years too long, I have no issues with the dollars. Erat and Legwand you can argue are a little overpaid for their production, but it's pretty standard for guys like them in the NHL. In any event, if that's all you really have to criticize him on, then you're really have nothing...

Poile has done a very good job in Nashville considering he's always been limited to close to the cap floor.

Last edited by Kriss E: 03-09-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote